[order] PSITTACIFORMES | [family] Psittacidae | [latin] Aratinga pintoi | [authority] Statius Muller, 1776 | [UK] Sulphur-breasted Parakeet | [FR] Conure de Pinto | [DE] Sonnensittich | [ES] Conure Pinto | [NL] Zwavelborstparkiet | [copyright picture] – Subspecies Genus Species subspecies Region Range Aratinga pintoi SA Para, Brazil Genus The parrot genus Aratinga comprises 24 …
If you hear a mourning-dove around your house, some one in the house will die unless you tie a knot into each corner of your apron. Then the mourning-dove will stop mourning and go away.
Take the tongue of a vulture, lay it for three days and three nights in honey, afterward under your tongue, and thus you will understand all the songs of birds.
To eat on one's birthday a couple of duck's eggs that have been boiled or preserved in a certain red mixture, will turn the unlucky times to good ones.
Buzzards never build a nest, because small birds say to them, "when the sun shines, what is the use of building a nest? Sun shine. When it rains, build when the rain stop." Dumb Buzzard never does build a nest.
A vampyre may be the soul of any outcast from the Church, or one over whose corpse, before burial, a cat has leaped or a owl flown.
- World Shorebirds day
- That useful little Owl
- How the Cuckoo takes care of its young
- Nagaland safe for the Amur Falcon
- White-winged Flufftail Sarothrura ayresi is on the very edge of extinction
- Red List for Birds 2013: Number of Critically Endangered birds hits new high
- The Lark and the taming of women
- This is the story of the partridge and her young
- The story of the partridge, the fox and the hound
- The Story of the Armenian, the Cuckoo and the Hoopoe
- The Story of the two Brothers and King Alexander.
- The Story of the Swallow and Holy Mother Sunday
Tag Archive: Sulphur-breasted Parakeet
Permanent link to this article: http://www.planetofbirds.com/psittaciformes-psittacidae-sulphur-breasted-parakeet-aratinga-pintoi
Jan 28 2011
Sulphur-breasted Parakeet Aratinga pintoi NOT YET EVALUATED Sulphur-breasted Parakeet is a fairly common bird of open areas on the northern bank of the lower Amazon river in the state of Pará. Specimens of the new species have been present in collections at least from the beginning of the 20th century. One of the reasons that …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.planetofbirds.com/sulphur-breasted-parakeet-discovered-in-2005